Wednesday, November 21, 2012

When It Rains It Pours


There's always a bit of truth to the saying, "all good things must come to an end". Yet, why is it when the going gets tough, life manages to become a catastrophic shit show?  I find it comical that rather than experiencing sporadic moments of "bad", life manages to send you a whole lot of crap in one (or many) fowl swoop(s).  



Rehearsal footage for YOURFACEINSIDEOUT showing Dec 7 & 8 at SFU Woodwards


The past week was that sort of shit-flying-in-all-directions-at-once, kind of a week.  Was enjoying myself for the first time in a long while, only to be side swiped by that inconsiderate thing called Drama. Known for its pettiness, irrationality and insecurity, its heedless nature brings all matters of gaiety to a halt.  Typically brought on by beings who relish in seeing the pain and suffering of others, and/or because they enjoy stirring trouble - it's childish and unavoidable, unfortunately.

When I began writing this post, fury and hurt were two primary emotions that completely overwhelmed me. Many drafts later including possible name calling and inappropriate cussing, I've managed to calm and remind myself that this too shall pass. Despite not having 100% support from my family - when support should be a given - it's comforting to know there's a handful of people in my life I can turn to, in helping maintain my spirits and mental sanity. On a side note, it's funny how quickly you can bounce back when something amazing happens to your better half...from 5 weeks to 9 days - eagerly anticipating my man's return ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment